We look at issues in a holistic way, acknowledging that all aspects of life – housing, jobs, health and education are inter-related and connected. We want what whānau want – to achieve total wellbeing.
The Māori Party will:
- Introduce free GP visits and dental care (including after hours and weekends) for those under 18 years of age.
- Introduce free annual medical and dental visit for over 55.
- Increase in the number of mobile health clinics in rural communities.
- Resurrect the Drinking Water Supply Fund, and delegate Te Puni Kōkiri to support 63 rural, isolated Māori communities to gain access to a drinkable water supply.
- Increase in kaupapa Māori services: Drug and alcohol residential treatment centres and community-based programmes; Mental health residential centres and community-based programmes; Hospice facilities, homecare services and programmes to support terminally ill patients and their whānau.
- Provide more funding for specialist services, treatment and support for those affected by sexual violence and abuse.
- Provide more funding to frontline services such as Women’s Refuge to address the increasing demand for family violence services.
- Subsidise power bills by 50% for households whose members have rheumatic fever.
- Expand Oranga Rangatahi – the Rangatahi Suicide Prevention Strategy
- Obliterate all synthetic cannabis and other psychoactive substances from our communities.
- Increase the numbers of respite care beds for P addicts in kaupapa-led A and D facilities.
- Establish a moratorium on new liquor outlets and gaming machines in the community.
- Remove GST off fresh fruit, fresh vegetables and milk.
- Reduce the supply and import of tobacco products commensurate with the decrease in demand for those tobacco products.
- Heavily subsidise e-cigarettes and other vaping products.