We are committed to eliminating poverty, disparity and inequality.
The Māori Party will:
- Set a target to eliminate poverty in Aotearoa by 2025.
- Make a cost of living adjustment to all benefits.
- Introduce a living wage for all workers.
- Dismantle institutional racism within the justice system as a matter of urgent priority.
- Place a moratorium on the building of new prisons and expand the provision of Whare Oranga Ake and Māori Focus Units in existing prisons.
- Reduce the rate of Māori over-imprisonment by 30% by 2027.
- Establish an Anti-Corruption Commission to absorb the investigative functions of state sector agencies.
- Set up a Royal Commission of Inquiry in to institutionalised racism.
- Set up a Royal Commission of Inquiry in to the abuse of children while in State care.
- Support kōhanga reo to achieve equity of funding.