The Māori Party looks at issues in a holistic way, acknowledging that all aspects of life – housing, jobs, health and education – are inter-related and connected. We want what whānau want – to achieve total wellbeing. We whanau able to work, in work, and being rewarded with meaningful wages.
The Māori Party will:
- Introduce a living wage for all workers.
- Make a ‘cost of living’ adjustment to all work related benefits.
- Double the existing Māori and Pacific trade training and cadetships.
- Provide grants to support Māori businesses.
- Introduce a 12-month job experience scheme for unemployed youth and pay a Youth Allowance.
- Establish 1,000 employment-focused navigators to connect Māori and Pacific Island jobseekers with employers and also provide pastoral care and support.